They go to their favorite online groups and beg for better reviews to be voted up and the offending posts to be voted down and hopefully out of sight forever. I hate to break it to you, but as a reader I look at all of the reviews on a book, beginning with the bad and weigh my opinion on my own conclusions.
I'm not saying you shouldn't be upset about
- Those silly (1-3star) ratings on Goodreads that sport no explanations and it is obvious the book was never read.
- The people who 1star your book by the cover and rate it boring or unreadable.
- Amazon reviews where the reviewer cuts your book to pieces, berates you as an author and then goes on to show they have never read the book.
- Last but not least you can not and should not throw a public rant because someone decides to give you a bad rating because they happen to not like the genre of your book. Silly, but their opinion.
- Oh, and please don't go from blog to blog, on online radio shows and in other groups berating other authors if they happen to not like something you write...word gets around.
Take your lumps with the sugar and deal with it. Eventually, the world will hear about your constant rants and all hell will break lose. Write your best works and keep on going. I'm just saying, if you keep whining like a baby, you can't run and climb on Santa's lap to beg for that 5-stars behind your book title. The man will make fun of you.
Click over and take a look at Debbie's post. Check out her novels while you're there.
Debbie Bennett - thriller/crime & fantasy writer: On Review(er)-Bashing...